In the search engine results (Google):
Where does the title tag appear?
- Web browser tab / window
- Search engine results
- Social media sharing panels
- When a user saves a bookmark / favourite
Title top tips
- Be sure to create an informative and enticing title (Not just 'Untitled' like we have seen too many times!).
- Try to keep your title tag below 55 characters or it could get truncated in the search engine results.
- Google has been known to change a web page's title to better match a users search query. If you notice this its not something you have done wrong.
- Try changing and experimenting with your page title every now and then to see which users prefer and click on more.
- Try to keep your 'keyword' focus closer to the beginning of the title, for example - if the page is about green paint then it might look like: Green Paint | The Paint Place
Articles in this series
- Title tag [Current]
- Meta description
- Images [Coming soon]
- Links [Coming soon]
- URL structure [Coming soon]
If you would like your website updating or like the look of some of our other services, then give us a shout via email, on email@example.com or phone us at 01476 576 839. Enjoying these blog posts? Let us know by sharing it on social media!