Hat Trick Blog

Why Isn't Anyone Coming to My Website?

added on Monday 12th October 2015 at 14:15pm


Tagged: Advice, Help, Mobile, SEO, Websites



Why Isn't Anyone Coming to My Website?
Is your website slipping down the ranks of Google? Is it receiving less and less visits? Does it need some love? With this blog post we will aim to give you some ideas behind that and some ways to rectify them.

Google and other search engines such as Bing, Yahoo and DuckDuckGo are constantly changing their systems and ranking algorithms. A lot of the time we don't know what these changes are in advance or how often new algorithms come into play but they do! Generally its important to keep your website up to date, fast, informative and mobile friendly.

1. As a visitor, will I find your website useful or a giant sales pitch?

As a visitor, I know what I want in a website - 99% of the time its information and the other 1% is funny cat pictures (but lets keep that between you and me). I hate going onto a website that screams SELL SELL SELL! I'm sure you do to. We need to find a balance between sales (because its a business at the end of the day) and useful information that people want to read and share.

2. Is your website content up-to-date and relevant?

It's important to do some sort of quality control on your website, keep telephone numbers, emails and other important company information up to date. Create an online presence by having a blog or news section to let visitors know what's new. Google and other search engines tend to be less forgiving with stale and stagnant websites. Making updates and posting interesting information on your website shows Google and other search engines that you are actively trying to keep your website fresh for your visitors.

With exciting and informative content on your website it will help with social sharing such as Facebook and Twitter. If its great content then this could get a lot of traction and bring 100's of visitors to your website.

3. Is your website mobile friendly?

With the rise of mobiles, tablets and other small internet-enabled devices its important to support them. Google and other search engines are now using the fact of mobile friendless in their search results - you could potentially be missing out!

Here is a bit more information about our mobile friendly services and what a "mobile website" actually is, available in our blog.

4. Is your website fast?

What is worse than searching for something, finding a really great looking result, clicking on it and then waiting for ages? Nothing! People today are used to fast loading websites and they want to get their information as fast as possible - they want it yesterday. There are a number of reasons your website could be slow (and some of them may be out of your hand) but be wary of uploading large high-quality images or videos that take forever to load.

5. Are you social?

Although being active on social media and having social media accounts is different to a website but it all ties in together and does make a difference! Google and other search engines use signals from social media (such as likes, tweets and +1's) to decide how popular your website is. Having social media accounts also means that you can reach a wider audience and get your brand out there.

Some popular social networks to consider are;
We are here to help!

Remember, we are here to help. We can help you with a wide range of things such as;
  • Redesigning your website
  • Redesigning your logo / brand
  • Adding "mobile friendly" capability to your website
  • Optimise your website to make it faster
  • Email marketing to reach a larger audience
  • Set you up with a blog or news section for your website
  • Adding social functionality to your website e.g. Facebook 'Like' button

If you are interested in implementing anything we have discussed today into your website or looking for a new website then please feel free to give us a call on 01476 576 839 or email us on thrive@hattrickmedia.co.uk.