Have you searched for a company on Google and seen their Google Business listing with lots of information and wonder how they do that?
A new piece of information that has appeared is the "From [Company Name]" part which gives a brief description about the company. No idea what we are talking about? Don't worry, here is a screenshot:
The above screenshot above shows a snippet of the company description.
The above screenshot shows the full and expanded company description.
How do I add the company description onto the Google Business listing?
You must first have a Google My Business account which allows you to control the information appeared on the listing. This information includes images, opening times, website link and address.
- Log into Google My Business
- Select your business
- Click on the "Info" button
- Scroll down to the "From the business" section
- Click on the pencil to edit
- Add your description and click "Apply" to save
When you edit the "From the business" section you should see a pop-up similar to this:
In the screenshot above you can see what editing the "From the business" section looks like.
There are a few things to note:
- There is a character limit of 750
- It appears to only accept basic characters such as A-Z, 0-9, dashes, parentheses (we have not tried every character so it is worth trying!)
- You are not allowed to include URL's or HTML code
- Google does not that it can take up to 3 days to be reviewed and published for you to see it live in the search results
- We noticed the changes after 2 working days
Why use this feature?
This is a great opportunity to advertise your business and potentially grab a few extra clicks from people who have read the description and are interested in what you have to say.
It also pushes down the "People also search for" box which shows up to 4 competitors of yours (or similar businesses) with an option to "View 15+ more".
We hope that this blog post has helped you learn how to add the company description to your Google business listing. If you found this blog post useful then please feel free to share it.
If you are interested in any of our website design, graphic design or email marketing services then please feel free to contact us via telephone on 01476 576 839
or email on firstname.lastname@example.org