Following on from our new Twitter account blog post
we will be looking at Facebook and offering advice on how to get the most out of creating a new Facebook account for your business.
What is Facebook?
Facebook is one of the largest social networks in the world with over 1 billion (yes billion) users. Facebook is used worldwide by companies, people, brands and celebrities.
How can Facebook benefit my business?
Facebook is another avenue for you to connect with your customers, potential customers and other businesses. Let's take a look at some more benefits;
- Facebook is free (unless you use the paid advertising)
- Facebook is another way for people to find out about your business
- Facebook can help establish trust for your business as you post company updates e.g. new product or new staff member
Want more helpful posts like these straight to your inbox?
Maximise your Facebook potential
You can get a Facebook page up and running in less then an hour but we want to make sure that your Facebook page is as optimised as possible for your business. Here's how you can do that;
- Use your business / brand name to get the best URL possible, for us (Hat Trick Media) we bagged https://www.facebook.com/HatTrickMedia/ .
- Input all of your business information - Address, telephone, website, description and opening times.
- Add your company logo to the profile picture
- Choose a great cover photo that will grab the users attention
- Invite friends and family to 'like' the page (this can help get the page rolling and establish a little bit of trust for when people find your page and see that it doesn't have 0 likes)
- Make sure you use the open graph on your website, this will allow Facebook to create a nice looking information card that will stand out in your 'likers' timeline.
Thank you for reading, may your Facebook journey be fulfilling!